Monday, January 31, 2011

Techie Chic

I wouldn't say I'm anti-technology, but I'm not the one in line waiting for the latest cell phone or the chic who bothers to understand the difference between computer RAM and an MP3. I am fine hooking up electronic devices if the cords are color-coded and a universal remote is in play. I dread trouble shooting and believe that a computer should be able to perform at top-speed with ten internet windows continuously searching, while I'm creating a spreadsheet and editing a photo. To say the least technology is a short fuse for me.

Lately out of pure necessity, I have pushed through my technological frustrations and found underneath all of the hatred for the millions of things that can go wrong with coax cables and HDMII inputs I have a pure love for some recently discovered toys.

1. MacBook - This goes without saying, I had no idea what I was missing in the PC world, a good friend sucked me in hook, line and sinker. I love every function and it has streamlined the way I use a computer, not to mention the keys sound fun when I type!
2. Kindle - If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one thing, this SHOULD be it. For $139 it is the ultimate reading experience. If you haven't played with one do it and you will understand.

3. Harman Kardon Soundsticks - Ok now this is a real stretch for me. I've always loved music but to hear music at a crisp clear volume, now that is rockin'. I told the guy at the apple store that I wasn't worried about the price, needed something to make me smile when a song came on. He played these for me and I melted.
4. My Droid (not new, but I recently started to really love it!) - What can I say the software update made the phone better!

5. Cannon Elf - Small enough to party and strong enough to make beautiful memories!

I am recanting my anti-tech ways and crossing over to the geek side, bringing my own flair to my new devices... I named my Kindle Jackson and sport him in a hot pink case!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Live Happy | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012