Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ode to Peanut Butter

Me and peanut butter, we go way back, all the way back to peanut butter jelly days. Lately it's a late night love affair when I turn to peanut butter to cure my ever daunting hiccup episodes.  But last week my friend Andrew made the most amazing peanut butter pie for His girl Autumn and they were kind enough to share.  Needless to say it took my love to another level.


Here's the recipe word-for-word as Andrew sent it (edited for all audiences)...


24 Nutter Butter cookies crushed (use a ziplock)
5 TBS. melted butter
MIX THESE TWO, then form the crust in a pie tin.

1 package of cream cheese (room temp. makes it a lot easier)
1 cup of peanut butter
1 TBS of vanilla
3/4 cup of sugar
BLEND ALL OF THESE

8 oz. of Cool Whip folded in (if you don't fold it, it will be very dense vs light & fluffy) No, I'm not girly, it's a fact.......lol I also usually buy the large 16 oz. Cool Whip, so I have extra to go on top of the pieces.

Cover.......into the freezer for at least 4 hours.....I usually transition it to the fridge a 1/2 hour before serving. 

*For a near heavenly experience, I hear some people drizzle chocolate syrup on top of it.

Enjoy!


Thank you Andrew!


It should be said that I do not particularly enjoy cooking, it is not my strong point but I love getting awesome recipes from my friends and passing them along.  Watch for future posts from other smart culinary friends.


For very special people I will dirty my kitchen and pans, see you tomorrow Mom!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Live Happy | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012