Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Primary Colors - The Stuff Great Outfits Are Made Of

Currently searching for the
perfect outfit!
One of the best things about a changing season is the change in my closet.  Are you with me?  This time of year the heavy sweaters get stashed making room for the feather light sundresses and bright tanks.  One of my favorite things to do is purge my closet, shedding the clothes that I'm over, making room for this season's trends. (I'm currently gushing over this seasons hot Espardrilles)

A fashion forward friend recently shared with me a list of ten essential pieces that should adorn every girl's wardrobe.  The list comes from Miss Nina Garcia, Fashion Journalist and Judge on America's Next Top Model.

Nina's List:

  • The Little Black Dress
  • A classic Men's White Shirt
  • Cashmere Cardigan or Turtleneck
  • A Trench Coat
  • Denim
  • A Man's Classic Watch
  • Diamonds
  • Ballet Flats
  • A Classic High Heel Pump
  • A Great Bag
  • Bonus: A Dramatic Piece, Like a Cocktail Ring
These all seem pretty standard to me.  However I'd like to make a few adjustments to this list.

Kaleena's List of Wardrobe Essentials
  • The little black dress
  • A classic men's white shirt, cut for a woman
  • A grey cardigan
  • A trench coat
  • Jeans that MAKE your booty
  • A chunky watch (Although I'm going to get a man's watch just for fun)
  • Diamonds - duh
  • Black ballet flats
  • A neutral color classic pump
  • A Great bag that goes with anything
  • Bonus: Bring the pop of color into your outfit through your jewelry, a soft scarf or funky pair of shoes, even nail polish.
A peak into my closet... and what a gorgeous closet it is.
Nine West

Fossil
Fossil - I don't own this, currently dreaming about it

www.jcrew.com 
Ok so what do ya got?  What items in your special place (a.k.a your closet), do you hold near and dear to your heart, what items can't you live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Live Happy | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012