Monday, October 29, 2012

30 by 30, Part Three


By 30, you should know…
How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.

Quitting a job, people do that in this economy?  I did, I left a great job and close friends to find normalcy in life.  I love the hospitality industry; I've been doing it since I was 14.  My Grandma opened a restaurant the day I was born for crying out loud.  But I hit my breaking point at 9:30 in the evening sitting in an office with no windows counting cans of pizza sauce.  I just couldn't do it.

Confronting is such a harsh word.  Thanks to truly amazing friends I've learned how to communicate effectively, how to stand up for myself and how it feels to be a true friend and understand that no matter what you will be there for each other.

Breaking up, here’s what I say about that.  



What can I say I'm a work in progress.  I do know that taking a chance on a relationship far outweighs the unknown outcome, and the process of finding out is totally worth it.

By 30, you should know…
When to try harder and when to walk away. 

This is such a toughie for me.  We are taught never to quit, to give it our all.  There weren't very many times a coach said ok you've done all you can, or a boss lets me stop halfway through a project.  When do I walk away?  Stay tuned, I have a few weeks before the big 3-0, still time to learn this lesson. 

By 30, you should have...
A youth you're content to move beyond

Approaching 30 and I still feel like a big kid.  I do not feel old in the slightest.  I do have a youth that I look back on fondly.  I have amazing family memories, a pretty good balance of mistakes and accomplishments, of fights and make-ups and I'm at the point where I am alright putting the past behind me and moving forward with the people that truly mean the most and will be characters in my life for the next 30 years.  A wise pinner said "You become like the five people you spend most of your time with, so choose wisely."  I'm very fortunate to have more than five people who provide balance and inspiration.



2 comments:

  1. I wish you had more time to write, you are so funny and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had more time to write, you are so funny and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

 

Live Happy | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012